Background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Replenishing My Stash

Hi Everyone - Happy 4th of July weekend!  Isn't it great that the 4th fell on a Monday this year?  I just LOVE 3-day weekends!  My "extra cards on hand" stash got hit pretty hard last month, so I am in the process of replenishing.  I've been VERY anxious to try out my new Florals Embellished Cricut cartridge, and I LOVE it!  I really enjoy making 4x4 cards - they're small enough to make quickly, they're big enough to get the "wow" factor, and you can make an envelope for them out of a regular sized piece of paper.  Here's the one I made last night:
 
The card uses 3 of my favorite papers, which I'll specify below.  The cut is mounted on the card using Pop-Dots, to give it some dimension.  This cut is 7 layers thick, so it may not have needed it, but I wanted it to have that extra pop!  I left the inside blank so that they can be used for whatever occasion comes up at the last minute - all I need to do is stamp a quick sentiment inside, and I'm ready to go:

I love how summery this card looks - guess that means that I need to use it soon!  Happy Independence Day!

About this card:
Base Cardstock - Papertrey Ink (8x4)
Cricut Cut - Florals Embellished using Bazzill Bling cut at 2.5"
Patterned Paper - My Minds Eye "Fine & Dandy" Line
White Cardstock, 3D Dots & Twine - Stash

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'd say it has the WOW factor! It certainly popped out at me. Your paper/color choices were excellent. Just a beautiful card, Julie!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete