Hi Everyone... I just can't seem to catch up and do things I want to these days... such is life :)
I made the following for a friend who I am swapping with on another site:
This was my first attempt at altering something totally from scratch. I started with a cereal box, and used that as my base. I cut the M from the cereal box, using the Rolly Polly font on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. Then I cut the same M out of some Fancy Pants cardstock I got in a grab bag, and glued them together. (Lesson learned - - - Next time I will flip one of the images on my gypsy, so I can cover the printed side on the cereal box. This M says Cheerios on the back of it!)
I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and put 2 coats of ModPodge on it. I used the matte ModPodge for the base coat, then used the glossy ModPodge on top of that - I like the effect it gave the finish. I also ModPodged the butterfly and used a recollections pearl flourish to embellish the right side. The left side button was fun to make! I took some lace and hot-glued folds into it. then I formed a circle out of it (think rosette folding), and hot glued it onto the back of the brown button. I distressed the lace with Vintage Photo Distress ink, and tied some hemp cord in a bow through the button holes. I had to use my ATG gun/tape to get it to stick to the 'glossy' surface - it's not budging, I guarantee it! I placed a couple of vintage pearls around a few of the edges, and there you have it!
I hope my partner likes it! The finished size is 6"tall by 10" wide. I can't wait to make more of these, especially for some kids I know, to help decorate their bedrooms.
Try something new today - I did, and I loved it - Have a great, crafty day!