Background

Friday, February 9, 2018

Papertrey Ink - 11th Anniversary Party Projects

Good Morning Friends!

Hopefully the next few posts will inspire you, as I will be playing along with Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary party challenges.  Their Day 1 Challenge is a sketch challenge - We could pick 1 of 10 sketches from the design team to use as inspiration for our own project.  I needed to use at least 1 Papertrey Stamp/Die set as well.  I LOVE Dawn McVey's work at PTI, so I chose her sketch and came up with the following:


I found the pink woodgrain base paper in a DCWV stack called The All About Girls Stack.  I cut the lacy oval from a Spellbinders Nestabilities set, and used 2 Papertrey Ink sets for the rest - Gran's Garden for the flowers, and Direct Messages for the sentiment.

This was my first time using Gran's Garden - the stamp layers were really easy to line up, and since each flower is only 3 steps including the middle, it's easy to pick great color combinations for the bouquets.
The Direct Messages sentiments are PERFECT for when you need to squeeze some words into a tight space.
You can see the Gran's Garden stamps here, with an assembled picture below - I'll definitely be using this set again soon!  I also used an array of Papertrey inks for my stamping.

If you're craving some inspiration, hop on over to Papertrey's blog and play along with us!

Have a great & crafty weekend!

About This Card:
Card Base: DCWV stack called The All About Girls Stack
Nestabilities Scalloped Oval
Stamps/Dies - Papertrey Ink Gran's Garden
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Direct Messages
Ink - Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel & Cocoa Bean



8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I don't think I've ever seen that DCWV stack but it works as a perfect background for those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color combo! Your card is lovely. I really like the wood grain background and the Gran's Garden flowers are so pretty and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharyn! Your card today was gorgeous as well... Loved those petunias & flourishes!!

      Delete
  3. Just had to drop by and tell you that I really like your card <3 colours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete