Background

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Casserole Recipe Cookbook Swap

Today I am sharing 2 layouts I did for a Casserole Recipe Swap I am currently in.  I chose 2 of my favorite casserole recipes to design layouts for.  The first one is Poppyseed Chicken:
These are 8x8 layouts, which I love - enough space to use plenty of elements, but not so much space that you're looking for ways to fill in 'holes'.  Stores sell 8x8 albums, so these will make really cute cookbooks!

About this layout:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Base
Crate Paper - Polka Dot Layer
Font - Zooballoo
Chicken - Cricut cut from Country Life
Ribbon - Joann's
Stickles - Black Diamond

The next recipe I 'scrapped' was for Seashell Macaroni Casserole (Thanks Mom!):

It has a lot of Italian ingredients, so I tried to go with some earthy, Italian colors, without using the same colors from the other layout.  I am happy with it, but admittedly it is not my most favorite.  I hope I have inspired someone out there today!

About this Layout:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Base
Bazzill Basics - Parakeet - Layer
Ribbon - Joann's
EK Success Border Punch
White Gel Pen
Wine Bottle - Cricut Cut from Simply Charmed
Stickles - Glitz Sequins & Lime
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
'Travelers' Recollections Stamp in VersaMark Black Ink on the Wine Bottle Label

Sorry these pictures aren't very clear.  I promise I'll start using my real camera soon as opposed to my camera phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment