Background

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

With Sympathy

Good Afternoon Friends,

I've finally recovered from all of the challenge cards I made 2 weeks ago :)  I've been plugging along, I just haven't been real good about posting here.

I always seem to be caught off guard when it comes to sympathy cards - I don't like to have them pre-made, because I feel like a note expressing sorrow should have a personal touch of some kind.  I like to made these on an "as needed" occasion.

My friend's grandmother passed away last week, so I pulled together this card for her family:
I had a friend in a Facebook group ask if I would make her some die cuts of the Papertrey Ink Beautiful Berries: Spring set, so I stamped/cut out a few for practice.  This one came out nicely, so I used it as my top accent piece and tied a little twine around the stem.
I used white cardstock for the base and Papertrey Ink patterned paper.  The purple mat is cut from Papertrey Ink's Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets Die (I LOVE these dies btw...)
I topped the mats with a simple 4" white doily (seriously got these in the baking aisle - Wilton brand) and stamped my sentiment.
And that's it! Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely day!

About This Card:
Base - Neenah Solar White cardstock
Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink
Doily - Wilton Baking Supplies
Ink - Papertrey Ink New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Royal Velvet, Amethyst Allure
Sentiment - BoBunny

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! The colors on the berries are nice for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete