Background

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Wish Big! Papertrey Ink's No-Stamp Challenge

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I haven't had my faschnaut yet today (if you don't know what one is, google it - yum!) but I had a lite lunch in expectation of having one or 2 tonight!!

Day 7 of Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary Party has challenged us to make a card using ONLY dies - NO stamps... So here we go:
In my mind, this project was just 'meh' for me... but once I got creating, some awesome things started coming together.  I am grateful that we had to think outside of stamps to bring our projects to life.  I've got lots going on here...
I used the recently-released Confetti Mix & Match die set by Papertrey - These are my new favorite dies for a quick go-to cut to establish depth on a card.  The 3-die-set produced the scalloped mat edge, the embossed crepe-paper-effect border, and the white confetti middle (I detached that die and cut out on a different color for more pop).
I embossed my card base with a pattern that helped pull some of those little confetti bits closer to the outside.

I then added some clear 'confetti' (sequins) to 2 opposite corners for some 3D 'popping'.  I wanted it to add emphasis to the angle of the sentiment, so I chose the 2 corners in that line of sight.
My sentiment is the Big Basics: Wish Big Die, also from Papertrey - I substituted black sequins for the 'i' dots.
The very top of my card didn't pick up the embossing, so I finished it off with a thin strip of black glitter washi tape - I love how it accents the color of the sentiment.

Have I inspired you?  Come play along - there's still time to enter for your chance at some big prizes!

About this Card:
Card Base: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz
Embossing Folder: Darice
Mat Dies: Papertrey Ink Mix & Mat: Confetti
Sentiment: Papertrey Ink: Big Basics: Wish Big die
Sequins (clear & black), Washi Tape

1 comment: