Background

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Jammie Day!

Hi, and Happy 2018!

Clearly I took the entire year of 2017 off from this blog - Not intentionally, but 2017 was not a particularly great year for our family, so creativity was low to say the least.  The good news is that I'm committed to getting back into card making full steam!  I'm hoping to enter lots of challenges, so please keep me accountable.  2017 Didn't stop me from BUYING all the pretty things, so let's get to USING them!

My dear friend's appendix burst this past weekend, and thankfully she is ok, but had to have emergency surgery and is now recuperating.  She is one of my card-making buddies, so I wanted to send her something cute.  I've had Papertrey Ink's "Take It Easy" set in my stash FOREVER, which is perfect for this occasion, so I decided to put it to use:


What is more perfect than relaxing in your Jammies when you're recovering? NOTHING!  This set has different sayings you can put in the 'headline' of the newspaper, and offers 2 different sets of jammies to color/cut.  There are other accessories like a box of tissues, hot water bottle, pillow, food tray, etc. that help make the scene complete - I just like to keep it simple.  I had a lot of fun with it, and while I don't want anyone else to fall ill, I'm armed and ready with this set for the next time we need a 'get well' card.

I was excited to do a little coloring as well - I used my Copics on the jammies and tried my best to coordinate with the patterned paper.  Check out this cute set from Papertrey Ink for your next 'get well' project!


Have a great day crafty friends - stay warm!

About this Card:
Card Base - Amethyst Allure (PTI)
Patterned Paper - Fresh Floral Stack (DCWV)
Stamps/Dies - Take It Easy (PTI)
Copics - V15, Y15
Stitched Oval Dies, Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black - Stash

No comments:

Post a Comment