Background

Thursday, January 11, 2018

You've Been Spotted!

Happy Thursday!  To me it feels like Friday already - Here in early January in Pennsylvania, we have the Annual PA Farm Show in Harrisburg which runs for a full week.  I'm not really the "FARM-Y" type, but it has become a family tradition to go spend a day up there, so we're taking the day off of work/school to head up there tomorrow.  The schools are great about giving an excused absence to go learn all about our state's agricultural highlights.  There are TONS of animals, GREAT food and LOTS to learn.

One thing our state DOES NOT have is leopards! Does yours?  (I'm totally jealous if you do...) I got the cutest stamp set from My Favorite Things called "Lovable Leopards" and couldn't wait to use it!  I actually made this card to play along with MFT's current color challenge, but decided not to enter it when I realized that I forgot to use one of the colors in the challenge (insert really sad face here).  I was supposed to also use a cornflower-blue color, which you can see is clearly missing here:


I had tons of fun coloring this image with my Copics... And did you notice that I captured my little guy at night?? I'm not sure that a lighter blue would have really fit in anywhere on this card, so I'm happy to keep it the way it is and try harder on the next challenge.


I didn't secure the leaves, because I liked the way they were hanging freely - it also gave my little guy a place to hide!!


I feel like I'm getting better with my shading techniques when coloring with copics.  If you're looking for a good place to start that's easy, try doing some small leaves like these!

I hope I've inspired you in some way today - Come back soon to see if I can follow directions on the next challenge!!

About this Card:
Card Base - Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps/Dies - My Favorite Things "Lovable Leopards)
Copics - YR02, YR04, YR07, Y11, Y13, Y15, G12, G14, G17, E11, E13, E15
Stash - Circle Die, Stitched Landscape Dies, Vines Die, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Enamel Dots

2 comments: