Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Night Creation

Good Evening!

By this time on a Sunday night, I'm usually exhausted.  Not this Sunday night though - a card I saw in an old Stampin' Up catalog had been floating through my mind all day, so I knew I had to hurry up and make it before I forgot my recipe :)  Here's how it turned out:
Another cricut-less cards!  Oh how my resolution is suffering... I'll make up for it next week - I already have ideas {insert mischevious laugh here}...

A couple of neat things I tried with this card were:
1.) Embossing only the bottom 1.5" of the card base
2.) Only gluing down 1 of the butterfly wings to give them a 3D effect

I left the inside blank for now - I'll stamp something in it once I know who it's going to.

Thanks for looking - Have a good night!

About this card:
Cardstock Base (4"x4") - Stash; Embossed with Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug Folder
Ribbons - Brown Base is seam binding; Beige Lace is from Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper - Fancy Pants - My Family / Mother 
Spellbinders Die - Lacy Squares
Light Blue Cardstock - Papertrey Ink - Spring Rain
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo & Stormy Sky
Butterflies - Making Memories Paper Reverie/Metallique
Pearls - Stash
Edges chomped with my awesome Corner Chomper

No comments:

Post a Comment