Background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Playing with LUSH

Good Evening...

I have a Cricut-less card to share with you tonight!  I bought some gorgeous My Mind's Eye papers from CropChocolate.com, and was inspired by one of the ladies on that website (Credit-StampinHampton) to create this card:
Which opens up to look like this:
I really like the look of mono-chromatic cards, and this line of paper is perfect for making them. I love birds, so I really wanted to make the bird (from the Finch cardstock) the centerpiece of this card - I love how it turned out!

I didn't have anyone special in mind when I made it, so I left the sentiment pretty generic.  I have this paper in about 8 different colors, so don't be surprised if you see more 'mono-chromaticism' from me :)  Sorry, it's late and now I'm making up words... Thanks for looking!

About this card:
Card Base - My Mind's Eye Lush Green Diamonds (11"x5" folded to 5"x5")
Solid Cardstock - Papertrey Ink Ripe Avacado
Patterned Cardstock - My Mind's Eye Lush Green Finch and Lush Large Green Polka Dot
Sentiment - Fiskars All Year Greetings
Ink - Ranger Distress Ink Forest Moss

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant. I couldn't tell if the bird was paper or a stamp. I like the inside flourish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful card; I love it!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete