Background

Monday, January 29, 2018

Spring Woods Sympathy

Happy Monday, Friends.

I was greeted at work this morning by the news that my boss had just lost his Father-In-Law.  I am close with him and his wife, so a handmade card (plus some baked goods) are definitely in order!  Keeping with my New Year's resolution to USE EVERYTHING I ALREADY OWN and cut back on buying, I hit my stash and found the perfect set that I fell in love with last year - Papertrey Ink's Spring Woods.  Here's how it turned out:
I love birds! This pretty gold finch is bright and peaceful, and I think he will deliver a warm message of sympathy to my friends.  I didn't want it to be too 'busy'... less is more with Sympathy cards, so I found this trio of ribbons to add something without being flashy:
 I love the look of the layered stitched circles:
And my trademark finishing touch (the mailman hates me) is popping something out with foam squares - in this case, my gold finch!


This set was so easy to use - the multiple layers were easy to line up with my MISTI - I am happy I decided to pull out this set and use it - Now I can't wait to use it again!

Thanks for  looking - Have a great week!


About this card:
Card Base: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: DCWV Fresh Floral Stack
Stamps: Bird & Branch - Papertrey Ink Spring Woods
Stamps: Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Comfort Food
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Dandelion; Papertrey Ink New Leaf
Cocoa Bean & Summer Sunrise
Stitched Circle Dies, Ribbons, MISTI, 3D Foam Squares

1 comment:

  1. Sympathy cards are always difficult to make! I find it easier to make happy cards. But this is perfect....lovely color scheme!

    ReplyDelete