Background

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Houston, We Have Cuteness!

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm sharing with you, my first ever entry into a "My Favorite Things" weekly challenge.  This week's sketch challenge was to create my own take on this sketch:

I have quite a few "My Favorite Things" stamp sets that I haven't used yet, so I cracked open my BB Space Explorer set and got to work!

Isn't he cute?? I needed a card for a special boy, who is not a relative, for Valentine's day and this card will be perfect for him!  I colored our little astronaut with my Copics, trying to pull in the aqua color from the patterned paper I chose.  I also included a sheet of acetate for a window effect:
I found the most amazing 12x12 pad of patterned paper on the Hot Buy rack at Michael's recently - it's made by "Craft Smith" and the pad name was "AURORA" - lots of space and gem patterns, which were just PERFECT for this card.

For a little extra dimension, I popped my sentiment out with foam squares:

While still not perfect, I'm happy to see improvement with my coloring... practice is definitely essential with Copics!
I had a lot of fun getting creative with this sketch - I hope to do more in the near future.  Any time I can get a creative boost with a sketch or a color combo, it helps me get started.  If you want to play along, the challenge can be found here.  You have till Tuesday 1/30/18 at Noon EST to enter your card.

Have a great week - Make something BEAUTIFUL!

About this Card:
Card Base: Papertrey Ink Cardstock in "Pure Black"
Patterned Paper: Craft Smith "Aurora" pad (Michael's)
Stamps: My Favorite Things "BB Space Explorer"
Copics: E00, E31, Y00, Y02, Y06, BG10, BG13, BG15, BG18, C1
Stitched Circle Dies, Acetate Sheet, Sequin Stars, Adhesive Foam Squares

1 comment: