Background

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Winter Celebration Challenge!

Happy Monday Everyone!

This week our challenge over at Exploring Cricut is "Winter Wonderland" - A celebration of winter and snow.  I happened to have the PERFECT cause for this project:
My sister got engaged last week!  During a beautiful, heavy snow, her boyfriend took her to an awesome place around here called Longwood Gardens.  As they were walking around looking at the beautifully decorated Christmas trees, he dropped down on one knee and proposed... How romantic!  I used the Winter Woodland Cricut cartridge for the tree cut.  I added Polar White Flower Soft to all of the white cuts, to give them a "real snow" look.  I'll be sending this card out to them tomorrow :)

Please join our challenge this week by sharing your own creation celebrating winter and snow, and share it with us on our challenge page over at Exploring Cricut - We'd love for you to inspire us as well!  Happy Winter!

About this card:
Card Base - Enchanted Evening cardstock by Papertrey Ink
White Mat - Luxury White cardstock by Gina K
Tree - Cricut cut from Winter Woodland cartridge cut out of Bazzill Bling cardstock
Swiss Dots embossing folder
Congratulations stamp - Fiskars
Pom pom ribbon, stickles, Polar White Flowersoft

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Julie and I love all the great details you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she loved this card! It is so pretty with the added texture of snow:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the snow and the pom pom trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the extra details you added, it really made this such a special card. I know they will treasure it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Julie!! Love the tree and the flower soft for the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julie! And how romantic! I love this kind of stories , TFSHave a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete