Background

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Decor

Hello and Merry Christmas!

This week's challenge over at Exploring Cricut is "It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas" - That's right - it's time to get the house decorated if you haven't already done so!  In that spirit, I'm sharing a decorative piece with you, as opposed to the usual cards I always share:

I am really happy with how this turned out!  I took a 5" x 7" espresso colored frame and mounted some burlap fabric on the back piece (and popped it out with an extra 4.5"x  6.5" piece if cardboard.  Both of these cuts are from Anna Griffin's Winter Wonderland cartridge.  The bell is cut at 5" height and the swag is cut at 6" width.  Here is another picture with different lighting:


In this picture, you can see that I mounted the bell with 3D foam dots for some dimension.  I also used stickles and pearls to accentuate the cuts.

I wish I had bought more of these frames, because there are so many wonderful cuts on this cartridge, that I could see myself making a trio of these, in all coordinating colors just different cuts, to hang close to each other.  Maybe I'll venture out on this snowy day to do just that!

Please share your Christmas projects with us!  Go to Exploring Cricut and enter your creations - we all want to see what you've been up to this season!

About this Project:
5x7 Espresso Frame from AC Moore
Burlap Fabric
2 Cuts from Anna Griffin's Winter Wonderland Cartridge
Bazzill Bling Card Stock
Stickles, Pearls, Cream Pearl Pen, Ribbon, 3D Foam Dots

8 comments:

  1. I love this Julie! Thanks for being a part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea, love the images you chose, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is gorgeous! Love the colors and cuts you chose-a trio would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap. It's the perfect backdrop for those pretty cuts. *sigh* Yet another cartridge for my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty and the burlap is perfect behind the image!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Julie! This is fantastic!! I so love it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project! Love how you made this. Happy Holiday to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I've got to get this cart now. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your Christmas wishes. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete